In response to a federal mandate, the Valley View Local School District developed a preschool program to serve children 3 – 5 years of age with a wide range of disabilities qualifying for special education services. A program model was adopted to include children with typical development in order to provide for a more appropriate and enriching learning experience.
The program provides a nurturing environment that supports the intellectual, academic, and social growth of young children. It is designed to serve both students with a range of disabilities as well as typical preschool students who pay tuition to attend. The model is built on the premise that preschool-aged students with disabilities, as well as those with typical learning styles, can both benefit and grow academically by learning alongside one another. “Center-based classrooms” are comprised of equal numbers of both types of learners.
- Morning and afternoon programs
- Students currently enrolled may remain in the program, provided they meet age requirements, but still must complete an application.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the parent, guardian or caregiver.
- Siblings of children returning to the program are given priority during the registration process.
- Children must be three years old on or before Aug. 1 during the year they wish to enroll.
- Children who are five years old on or before Aug. 1 are not eligible.
- If your child is eligible for kindergarten, he/she is not eligible for this program.
- Children must be toilet-trained or in the process of being toilet-trained.
- Families must reside within the Valley View School District by the end of the application deadline.